Missing ecmascriptversion attribute?

Feb 16, 2010 at 7:13 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I am wondering why the MDBF project didn't include ECMAScriptVersion in the browser file.  Without it, the asp.net will not render correct JavaScript.  E.g. Blackberry cannot handle LinkButton's __doPostBack if it's not there.  I have to add

<capability name="ecmascriptversion"   value="1.5" />

To make it work.  It will be good it is maintained in one place.  Thanks.

Feb 18, 2010 at 5:00 AM

We are running into issues with Blackberry support in our web app.  Where in the browser file do you add this line?  I've tried a couple spots that I thought would do the trick, but haven't had any luck yet when testing on Blackberry.  Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Hi folks,

We are working with some contacts at RIM to resolve any Blackberry support issues we have. Please add any other Blackberry related issues here and we'll try to resolve them as soon as we can.

Thanks for the feedback - keep it comming, MarbleFinder, good catch. What Blackberry models are you setting this for? Not all have the same level of JavaScript support.

Thanks!

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I have tested with real devices and simulators.

BlackBerry 4.6

ATT 9000

BB 4.5

8700/8300/8320/8200/8100

To add the change, search form line

<browser id="deviceShim_Browser_BlackBerry_Major_4_seq_1" parentID="deviceShim_Browser_BlackBerry_seq_1">

Add the ecmascriptversion under javascript as shown below.

<capability name="javascript" value="true" />
<capability name="ecmascriptversion"   value="1.5" />

For BlackBerry_Major_3, I believe v1.3 ecmascript is supported.  But I don't have device to test, so can't confirm that.