G2 (Hero) T-Mobile support?

Jan 3, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Hi

I am currently trying to develop a website which uses the mobile.browser file however I have noticed that it doesn't seem to work (IsMobileDevice = false) on my HTC Android G2 Touch sometimes refered to as Hero.

My UserAgent output is :

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-gb; T-Mobile_G2_Touch Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

It may be that T Mobile are branding the same phone differently in the US to the UK but how would I go about adding support into the file?

Thanks

Banny

Jan 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM

This is the same problem I am having with the HTC Hero I am testing on, although with a slightly different user agent string (not that the differences should make ANY difference).

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HERO200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Edited Mar 9, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Hi Folks,

The UA string change make a huge different to how we identify devices - they are in affect our primary key. We have to map these UA string. I'll contact you individually to see if we can add support for these devices.

Thanks,

Chris